Best Horse Racing Betting Online in Australia
In the world of sports betting, horse racing is probably the biggest and most popular of them all. For many people, visiting the track is a fun and exciting way to spend the day and possibly win some cash. But for most Australian punters, a trip to the racetrack is not always possible. Luckily online horse racing betting sites allows punters to join in the fun and place multiple bets from the comfort of their own home. With local and international horse races taking place almost every week, punters can enjoy the fast paced action live from their television and place an online bet any time they want.
If you are familiar with horse racing betting, then you will know that it caters for both novice and seasoned punters. For those just starting out, internet betting on a straight win would be the easiest and safest ways to go; while more experienced punters can bet on multiple horses and multiple races simultaneously. The first thing a punter should know about horse racing is that there are three types horse racing betting sites categories a punter can choose from; namely straight bets, multi bets and exotic bets. Some of the most commonly placed straight bets are shown below:
- A straight Win – This is where punters bet on a particular horse to win the race.
- Place –This is betting on a horse to finish in the money, meaning finishing 2nd or 3rd place, or even 4th place.
- Each way – This is a combination of a win and place bet.
|1||Ladbrokes||5/5||100% Match up to $250 AUD||Bet now|
|2||CrownBet||4.9/5||Deposit $100 & Get $100||Bet now|
|3||SportsBet||4.8/5||$501 AUD Bonus Bet||Bet now|
|4||William Hill||4.7/5||100% Match up to $200 AUD||Bet now|
Multi and Exotic Bets
In horse racing betting sites, multi bets and exotic bets are bets that cater to the more experienced punter. These are very difficult bets to place but increase the value and excitement of the race. Some examples of multi and exotic bets include:
- Doubles – Betting on two separate races for the win where you have to be successful in both in order to cash in on your bet.
- Trebles – Similar to doubles but instead of two races you have to pick the winner in all three.
- Parlay – Also known as all ups or accumulators, these bets require the punter to be successful in picking winners in a series of races.
- Quinella – Pick two horses to win and place second, regardless of the order in which both come in.
- Exacta – The same as a quinella where you pick the winner and second place but you have to get them in their precise order.
- Trifecta – Picking the winner, second and third place finishers all in their correct order.
- Superfecta – Picking the first four horses to finish in exact order.
What to Know Before Betting on Horses Online
With online horse racing betting sites, there are a few things every punter should know. Firstly, attention should be placed on post position, fitness, consistency and current form of the horse in question. Before placing any large bet, a punter should have a keen idea of the capabilities of the horse he is betting on. A punter should also note which jockey has previous wins on the particular track. It is also essential to understand the history and race statistics of the horses. If you want to give horse betting a try, you can start right here. To help you out we have created a list of Australia’s best online sport betting sites. Choose from any of the horse racing betting sites featured here to get started.