NRL Betting Online in Australia
In Australia, rugby league is considered to be one of the countries favourite sports. This 13-a-side game is hugely popular among the Australian people with millions of fans tuning in for every match. It is no wonder that NRL betting has become one of the biggest online betting categories in Australia. For those who are new to the game, the Australian rugby league is dominated by two competitions: the National Rugby League in which 16 clubs compete for premiership glory; and State of Origin in which teams fight out a three-game series. With major NRL matches happening all year round, rugby punters are never without a decent betting opportunity.
Online NRL betting has a variety of basic and exotic betting options. For the novice punter, a simple head to head bet is probably the best way to start while more experienced ruby betting punters can choose from any number of exotic bets. Some of the most commonly placed online bets are shown below:
- Head to head betting – Head to head bets are probably the most common bets and possibly the easiest for a novice to place. This is where a punter chooses which team will win the game and which team will lose.
- Margin betting – Margin betting is slightly more complicated. In this type of betting a punter can bet on whether a team will win under or over a certain margin, the margin generally being 1-12 points per side.
- Future betting – In online NRL betting, a punter can make a bet before the season on who he thinks will win the most games in a season and who will win the overall competition.
- Line betting – If the bookmaker feels there is an unfair matchup, they will place a line bet on a team. This is basically a form of handicapping where one team will have a point difference added to their score for betting purposes.
- Exotic bets – These are bets that bookmakers place to make a game more interesting. Some of the most common exotic bets include: Which player will score the first try, which team will score the most tries, which team will score first, the score at half time, the final score and who will kick the most conversions.
|1||Luxbet||5/5||$150 AUD||Bet now|
|2||SportsBet||4.9/5||$501 AUD Bonus Bet||Bet now|
|3||Ladbrokes||4.8/5||100% Match up to $250 AUD||Bet now|
|4||CrownBet||4.7/5||Bet $50 AUD receive $150 AUD||Bet now|
|5||William Hill||4.6/5||100% Match up to $200 AUD||Bet now|
Before You Start
Before placing any large bet, there are a few things every punter should know about NRL betting. For starters, a punter should always know the history and player statistics of every team. Some teams perform well early on in the season and then start slowing down, while other teams start off slowly and gather strength as the season wears on. A punter should always be aware of the team’s current fitness level as well as any injuries that may cause issues in the game. Other things to take not of are previous match results and home ground advantage.
Getting Into Online NRL Betting
Online NRL betting is certainly one of the most popular betting options in Australia. It is not very difficult to find an online bookmaker that can offer punters a full range of betting options. However, not all online betting sites are created equal. If you are looking for Australia’s top-rated online betting sites, you are in luck. You can start right here; to make things easy for you we have provided you with links to Australia’s premier online sports betting sites.